Saturday 3 May 2014

Valediction on the Mount of Old Souls

And I travel,
hug everybody but your soul,
here crosses my bones
when it's windstorm
I lose my eyes and every breath
but yours on me the ropes
in a sailboat locking me to you!

Rosa to Cornelius


By the time Cornelius finished his voyage upon the hill her soul was striving thousands miles to liberate herself from the tides of the ocean. That delicate air within her soul felt an intense malaise and an impulsive heartache, for climbing the mount of ‘Old Souls’ with him was her dream of all ages and beyond the sea, she failed it.

Cornelius volunteered for marine service in the ‘old land of old souls’. He was toiling himself to survive behind the ashes of that war beyond the Shore banks, a war Cornelius was convinced was his own battlefield. She was persuaded that is the proper combat zone for him. Cornelius was born to be in the front lines. When it comes to arousing people and fortifying their willpower, he was very able and masterful in prompting foresight and tenacity to their minds and souls with strong faith and life light. Cornelius’ words worked like a groundwork prayer entreating everyone to follow the war call.
For him, words related the strongest of zests and commitment to poetic ecstasy. Heaven was a condition of grace and glory possible only within religious reverence and approved worship.

For two years Rosa kept waiting for Cornelius. Though nothing was certain about his coming or not, she did not abandon her routine exercise of rhythmic standing by the sea shore. She would lay for hours on the edge of the seaside leaving her little feet cherished by the sea waves to freeze by the icy water. Her eyes were closed on the Azure of the sky and her thoughts were open to the dark sea. Every wind coming to the shore was a ringing bell waking her up from her fairy-tale chronicle.

Rosa was dead being incapable of breathing all his absent days. She started to think she would never be able to get by this sudden though somehow estimated disconnection. Life seemed to mean no more than a mere inert enduring and caring for her surface life...But no one cared for her own agony, not even Cornelius himself!

She once wrote to him:
Dear Cornelius,
I have no solo doubt, that I can live and go on if you take my hands towards the ends of serenity and the lands of peace, but I die if you just dismiss me from your life!
She wad dead, but yesterday his beloved letter has enabled her to breathe a new life into her soul. Something was spiritualistically healing in his sea flavor. God mercy has been so immeasurable that she felt close to him and closer to God. He was the light of her soul.

What was certain in Cornelius’ last letter, is that everything was uncertain about him and his distant ropes. She murmured to the open wind…

Dear Rosa,
Everything around me has become rough like the sea waves. I have myself turned to a solidified rock. A change my dear Rosa, that is inevitable but also called by duty. They have recently declared the “land of old souls” a state of emergency, which means they would censor our circulation right away. Our movement would be calcified for an unknown period.

Dear Rosa, Under the curfew, to write for you would be like trying to build a snowman in hell. Mrs Juliet, the old woman securing my shelter, requested that I stay up no later than tomorrow. She suspects that they would sooner conduct house-to-house searches at anytime. The poor woman hesitated before putting it in plain words that if arrested, they would never refrain from exposing me to a public execution.
I was the only war poet left on “the land of old souls”, she assumed!

Last night, I had a provoking conversation with Jack Frozen about the land of Old Souls and whether I conceive of it as a paradise or hell. Jack could not perceive the thin edge  between you and the 'Old Souls'. No one is comparable to the other, I had to repeat!
The "Old souls" is definitely a paradise! Now, this war has made of it a sor of carbon copy of paradise, but it should not be associated with hell.

Cornelius presumed Rosa assents with him in his ideal image of the Old Souls. A woman can not admit to be cast away not for any reason, nor for many reasons, not for a single reason! To be left on the rocks was not easy, though by all means,  it is fairly unfair to speak about the nonchalance of the situation here!

Rosa was pained by Cornelius' inability to embrace the lakes of distress his last words would trigger in her. It  provoked her enervated mind.  A deep thought on paradise and hell sailed deeply throughout.

What is paradise in hell? Is it better to live in a paradise in hell yet you are with those you love, and here wouldn't  the phrase 'paradise in hell'  but annihilate the notion of hell itself? In hell, would you smile to them and at the same time look happy yourself, would you jump inbetween your heart and eyes, would you see after you have long been blind, would that be your paradise without them, or that rather it would always signal a paradise for both of you and them? But then, what is hell under the unshared roofs between you and the ones you love! 
Rosa's meditation intensified her drained self. She was already sick of this war.

Paradise is also when you tell me you are in hell without me, Cornelius! She confessed to  to the empty seacoast in front of her! But I am amazed, Corneluis dear, I can also state I am in paradise because we are together in hell! I am in paradise because there is you! and if you feel like me, and that you are able to see the paradise in this, and that you see it a paradise too because I am here, then no hell! I am definitively in  paradise!





No comments:

Post a Comment